Tasting - Red blend

 Tasting #4 - Red blend




For my fourth wine tasting, I got this wine which I honestly picked sort of randomly, which is a red blend from France. To my surprise, this wine is very difficult to find information on, however it was about $7 at Trader Joe's. I eventually found that this wine is a Trader Joe's wine in honor of the Notre Dame cathedral. I cannot indicate where exactly this wine is from however most signs point towards Southern France like Rhone Valley. Likewise, the grape varieties is a mystery and I cannot locate it anywhere I try. Most likely either a mix of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, or Cabernet Franc. This is an old world wine.

I couldn't find anything about this wine besides Vivino, so here is the link to that page:

https://www.vivino.com/search/wines?q=red+blend+NDP

My personal thoughts on this wine is that it is okay, however not my first choice. I was taken back by how little information there seems to be about this specific wine - including the grape variety or (since it's old world wine) the region. Despite this, I still matched some of the aromas/flavors I got notes of to that of grape varieties in wine folly which likely constitute this wine. The overwhelming flavors that I got were vanilla and leather, since tannins were quite high for me. This matched to a primary flavor profile for the grape variety Merlot in wine folly page 131, however I couldn't find any grape matching the flavor profile of leather. 

Overall, this wine was not my favorite, and I didn't like how little information I couldn't find about this wine. I expected to find more information online, however found very little. I again enjoyed this wine alone however I would've probably enjoyed it better matching it with a red meat like steak. Overall would give this wine a 5/10.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting - Emma Reichart Dry Reisling

Tasting - Les Florets Luberon Rose Sec

Tasting - Les Portes De Bordeaux blend