Tasting - Emma Reichart Dry Reisling

 Wine Tasting #2 - Dry Riesling






For my second wine tasting this week, I decided to try a white wine - specifically Emma Reichart Dry reisling. I also purchased this at Trader Joe's for only $4.99, and it is a varietal grape so it is made 100% from the riesling grape. It is from the Rheinhessen wine region in Germany, so it is an old world wine, and it is vintage 2021.

The article I picked was from Cheap Wine Finder, and they also explain how it is a bang-for-your-buck:

https://cheapwinefinder.com/38364/emma-reichart-dry-riesling-2021/

My personal thoughts on the wines flavors and aromas were reminiscent of the textbook, however my Riesling was very dry so I got more light hints of green apple. Very aromatic, and acidic however light. This is mentioned on page 159 in Wine Folly, in the graph on the left. This wine gave me more tree fruit/melon category and citrus, however with very little sweetness. As indicated on page 158 of Wine Folly, this wine is a varietal: Riesling, and it is very light with medium acidity, varying sweetness, and low tannins. Emma Riechart Dry Riesling is certainly a good example of a classic German Riesling. 

My overall thoughts on this wine is that it was great for how dry it was. It was very light and smooth and felt like alchoholic green grape juice. I also enjoyed this wine alone, however according to Wine Folly page 158, I should try it with Indian/Asian cuisines - so something to keep in mind. I would certainly buy again considering how the quality of the drink and the quality of the price.

Overall, I would rate this wine an 8.8/10



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting - Les Florets Luberon Rose Sec

Tasting - Les Portes De Bordeaux blend