Tasting - Les Florets Luberon Rose Sec

 Wine Tasting #3 - Rose




For my third wine tasting, I decided to try a rose wine from France called Les Florets Luberon. I purchased this wine at Trader Joe's for about $5, and it is a blended rose wine with both Syrah and Grenache as the two grape varieties. It is a vintage 2021 from the French southern Rhone Valley - so it is an old world wine. 

I could only find community reviews on Vivino for this wine, however it got a 3.3/5 and had relatively positive reviews:

https://www.vivino.com/US/en/florets-luberon-rose-sec/w/1723749

As this wine was a blend of Syrah and Grenache, it displayed characteristics of both varieties. The first flavor profile that I associated this wine with was strawberry - which on page 117 of wine folly is listed as a primary flavor profile. In addition, I also picked up on a deeper fruit flavor like that of blackberry or blueberry. It was a quite light Rose wine for me, which is good for beginners. Blueberry was also listed as a main flavor profile of Syrah wine on page 172, however I didn't quite pick up any other major flavors besides subtle notes of pepper from the tannins. 

My overall thoughts on this wine is that it is really good - probably not my first choice of rose however still a great product for the price. I enjoyed this wine alone however some common food pairings with this wine is pork, salmon, and poultry. I enjoyed this wine and would probably give it a 7/10.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting - Emma Reichart Dry Reisling

Tasting - Les Portes De Bordeaux blend