Tasting - Les Portes De Bordeaux blend

 Wine Tasting #1 - Bordeaux


For my first wine tasting, I decided to try some Les Portes De Bordeaux blended red wine made from Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, and Merlot. I purchased this wine from Trader Joe's for about $7.50, and it was great. As the name suggests, it is an old world regional wine from Bordeaux, France; specifically from the Les Portes De Bordeaux winery. It is a vintage 2021. 

The article review I picked was from reverse wine snob, and they explain how it's a $7 steal:

https://www.reversewinesnob.com/les-portes-de-bordeaux-sauvignon-blanc 

According to Wine Folly page 82, Bordeaux blends generally have deep body with prominent tannins which I certainly picked up on. I also got hint of blackberry/black cherry which is referenced on page 83 of Wine Folly. Considering it is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, and Merlot, this wine uses very common grape varieties as is conveyed on page 84 of Wine Folly. It went down smooth even with the tannins keeping it tingly and interesting. 

My personal review of it as that I think it was a great wine. It was quite a deep red wine which would have paired well with steak or red meats; however I enjoyed it alone. I think I would personally have gotten more out of the wine with a food pairing, as seems to be the case with me with most red wines. Despite this, I still enjoyed this wine immensely and would 100% purchase it again since it is a bang for your buck.

Overall, I would rate this wine an 8.5/10.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting - Emma Reichart Dry Reisling

Tasting - Les Florets Luberon Rose Sec